Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fine Example

Admittedly, I had my share of traffic summonses from being a little heavy-footed occasionally. Once I pile up a stack worth a trip, I would then troop over to pay my fines. If I 'merayu' successfully, I could event get a 'discount.'

With the recent decision by the CM of Penang and Perak (who stupidly followed suit) to waive off summonses, there is no need for me to make such trips any more. Just wait till the next election and see what happens lah!

I totally agree with the Consumers Association of Penang (CAP) that this is the wrong move and that the message it sends out to the public is wrong. People (like myself) who paid our fines dutifully, are most unhappy.



Thursday March 13, 2008


CAP: Reconsider summons waiver


PENANG: Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng has been asked to reconsider the decision to waive summonses issued by the local councils.


The Consumers Association of Penang expressed shock that Lim had made such an announcement before the state executive council had been formed.

He has no power to bend the law« S.M. IDRIS“We believe he has no power to bend the law,” president S.M. Idris said in a statement yesterday.


He said Lim should not “reward” the lawbreakers and discriminate against the law-abiding citizens who had settled their summonses.
....

I strongly urge that the decision be reversed. WTF!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.